Resolution Insurance Company Ltd is a general insurer offering innovative and responsive insurance solutions. We have learned to adapt in this constantly changing society, and develop comprehensive products that are relevant to our clients.
We currently have over 60,000 members in our fold and have partnered with over 500 medical service providers across East Africa; a strong network of hospitals, clinics and doctors.
The Resolution Insurance brand is energetic and trendy.
In pursuit of our ambitious growth plan, we are looking to fill the position below:
Branch Underwriter – General Business (Nakuru)
The overall responsibility will be Underwriting, Claims and Administration function of the Branch.
Risk assessment and rating as per the authority matrix to ensure profitability as per the set ratios.
Ensuring good customer service to our intermediaries, service providers and clients at all times as per the customers’ service metrics.
The jobholder is expected to demonstrate commitment and loyalty and perform all duties in accordance with the organization’s office routines and procedures, keeping in mind the overall business objectives.
Branch Underwriter Job Responsibilities
- Ensure that systems, processes, procedures, policies and standards applicable to underwriting and claims operations are adhered to.
- Prepare quotations in a timely manner to assist in business acquisition.
- Ensure policy documents are issued within the set turnaround times and communicate with agents/brokers/clients on confirmation of receipt of policy documents, endorsements and other policy related documentation.
- Maintaining effective business relationships at the respective branch and the Head Office.
- Approving specified documents within agreed and set authority limits.
- Assist agents on outstanding underwriting and claims issues whilst responding to customers queries and complaints.
- Custodian of security underwriting documents e.g. Motor certificates.
- Assist in facilitating training at the branch.
- Facilitate presentations to customers.
- Conduct Risk surveys for small risks as per authority matrix.
- Receive and analyze all claims documents and forward to head office for processing.
Qualifications for the Branch Underwriter Job
- Diploma in a business related field.
- At least 2 years’ relevant experience.
- Diploma in Insurance.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office with excellent skills in Excel.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good time management and organizational skills
How to Apply
If you believe you are a team player and would be a valuable resource to this ever growing brand, kindly send your updated CV listing 3 referees and availability should you be offered the position to email@example.com by Close of Business on Sunday, 8th July 2018.
Ensure you quote the position title – Branch Underwriter (Nakuru) – on the email subject.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.