EABL/KBL is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
The Public Policy Manager provides subject matter expertise and works to ensure EABL/KBL establishes best practice within the assigned area of responsibility.
Works closely with CR Directors, Sales, Marketing, Legal, and other departments across the company to develop, influence & implement public policy positions on behalf of the company.
- Scan the external environment for any legislative and regulatory risks that may affect the business
- Review proposed new legislation and government policy that could affect business sustainability
- Proactively develop public policy positions, strategies and plans
- Implement public policy campaign plans in line with agreed company priorities and business objectives
- Develop a great stakeholder network that can support business priorities
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Commerce, Public Policy, Political Science, Law or Business Administration from a recognised University
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an FMCG industry in a government/public policy relations role; or minimum 5 years in senior role in government ministry/institution
- Demonstrated awareness & Good understanding of the regulatory and tax environment in East Africa
- Ability to prioritize, plan & evaluate deliverables to established strategic goals
- Ability to influence and build stakeholder networks with diverse stakeholder groups
- Proven application of analytical skills in a regulatory and tax environment
- Demonstrated understanding of business environment and knowledge of current competitive, commercial or political situations and their impact on EABL/KBL’s regulatory strategies.
- Ability to work in teams and individually with little direction. Ability to think on your feet and make quick, sound decisions; Strong problem solving and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated knowledge & experience conducting, regulatory, legal, or business research.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills with the ability to communicate business issues in English in an easy to understand manner
- Must be willing to travel up to 20% of time
How to Apply