To serve as the administrative focal point for the delivery of all Human Resources services to the field office
Human Resource Assistant Job Responsibilities:
Support the assigned recruiter for the field office with all field office recruitment by:-
- Vacancy posting in internal and external media as appropriate
- Contacting candidates for interview
- Providing the panel with interview packs
- Contacting referees post interview to support appointment
- Sending unsuccessful candidates, regret letters
- Maintain updated recruitment files for each position recruited
- Ensure that all staff requirements prior to arrival are available
- Email addresses
- Desk, seat, stationery
- Transfer support
- Ensure all new staff are appropriately enrolled onto the payroll &Employee benefits schemes with the appropriate documentation
- Maintain staff files with all the requisite documentation
- Monitor induction process, ensuring that performance objectives are set and, and that post probation evaluation reviews are submitted on timely basis.
- Monitor expiry of staff contracts and advise Senior HR Officer on a timely basis.
- Assist in preparing of contracts/LOU’s (Letters of Understanding) for Dadaab Incentive staff i.e. new staff/renewal.
- Engagement of consultancies by reviewing TOR’s, Hire requests, Justifications/Memo, adverts
Services and Administration:
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of IRC personnel policies and assist the Human Resource Manager in ensuring employee adherence.
- Maintain up to date records (forms, approvals, requisitions) for all field staff in relation to
- Personnel files, Recruitment, Leave, Training, Performance Management, Benefits, Payroll, Exit
- Maintain updated job description database.
- Close and archive personnel files on timely basis
- Support localized incentive/refugee recruitment
- Preparation of mailbag
- Preparation Incentive/refugee staff Payroll before review by the Senior HR Officer & Senior Finance Officer.
- Periodically share leave tracking and ensure adherence to leave plans
- Ensure timely submission of monthly time-sheets.
- Support the maintenance of all talent acquisition and management processes on Workday HRIS management system
- Provide weekly/monthly reports to the Senior HR Officer on the status of Personnel files, Leave, Training, Performance Management, Benefits, Payroll
Staff training and Development:
- Facilitate all requests for staff training as approved in Annual L&D Plan, and maintain database of trainings attended.
- Coordinate the exit process and ensure finalization of all procedures within one month.
- Ensure timely deletion of staff from insurance benefits.
Qualifications for the Human Resource Assistant Job
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, or Business Administration; and or an alternate Bachelor’s degree with Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resources Management.
- Must be a member of the Institute of Human Resource Management
- Higher Diploma in HR will be an added advantage
- Similar experience (minimum 3 years) with an INGO will be an added advantage
Skills and Competences:
- Working knowledge of the National Labor requirements-Employment Act, WIBA, OSHA, NITA, RBA, NHIF, NSSF, PAYE
- A good understanding of compensation and benefit strategies
- Above average competency with MS Office Suite
Demonstrated skills in:
- Time Management
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication in English
- Analytical reasoning
- Positive Interpersonal interactions
- Report Writing
- Cultural and Diversity Sensitivity
Demonstrated Ability to:
- Work Independently
- Work within tight deadlines
- Work within a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment
- Exercise flexibility in the role to accomplish goals
- Work in a climatically challenging environment
- Work in a conflict/post-conflict environment is an added advantage
How to Apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://rescue.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?site=1&id=2227
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
Application deadline 13th July, 2018
Please take note that International Rescue Committee (IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes. In the event that you receive any request for payment of any sort, please get in touch with us on Tel: +(254-020) 2727730, Email:IRCKenya@rescue.org or report to the nearest police.