The incumbent will be responsible for business systems planning and business analysis. This is a key role in the overall execution of the Technology strategy and will require an individual with excellent communication and analysis skills.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Requirements elicitation, analysis and documentation.
- Automation of complex, manual and error-prone processes.
- Understanding issues and opportunities with current applications.
- Developing future technology supporting the enterprise.
- Providing executives with direction and a decision-making framework for IT expenditure.
- Providing information systems with a developmental blueprint that not only takes into account concepts such as abstraction and modularity but also considers aspects such as maintainability, reusability, performance, security and scalability.
- Working with business teams to prepare a technology roadmap and be responsible for delivery of the same.
- Vendor management to ensure that vendors deliver the highest product & service quality while managing costs and timelines.
- Onboarding and supporting integration partners in a bid to build a digital payments ecosystem.
- Regular reporting on project status, KPIs, system performance, etc.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or a related technical field from a recognized institution.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the telecommunications industry.
Professional Knowledge & Skills
- Extensive knowledge of mobile money, payments, banking and relevant standards and best practices in these domains.
- Experience working with online charging systems, messaging systems (SMS & USSD), as well as value-added services development in general.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Thorough grounding in telecommunications grade hardware & software platforms, integration management, network design & implementation, operation and maintenance methods and procedures.
- Familiarity with the Agile Software Development Methodology.
This position is open to Kenyan citizens only.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge & fit the required profile, please apply highlighting how your qualifications, experience and career aspirations match the requirements for this position.
Application should be sent by latest 20th April 2018, please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
Apply through firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure the job title is quoted on the subject field.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.