Al- Khair Foundation- Kenya is a registered humanitarian organization with commitment to providing humanitarian support, international development, emergency aid and disaster relief in the most deprived areas. Al- Khair Foundation’s core thematic areas include: Health, Education, WASH, Livelihood, Community Development and Emergency and is currently expanding its projects within the country.
We are seeking to recruit a qualified, ambitious and experienced Kenyan national to fill the position of office assistant, who will join the general unit of administration department to provide administration support by maintaining a clean, hygienic and conducive environment around the office.
- One (1) year fixed term renewable contract
- Start Date: Immediately
Office Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Maintain daily office cleanliness.
- To receive and attend to guests at the office
- Answer telephones, direct calls and take messages.
- Communicate with office visitors to answer questions, disseminate or explain information, take orders and address/direct complaints.
- Deliver messages and run errands.
- Inventory and order materials, supplies, and services.
- To replenish consumable items as required
- Ensure that the office kitchen and equipment is properly cleaned and maintained
- Inform the Supervisor of the need for repairs and other renovations in the work area or office.
- Take minutes in meetings as need be.
- This job description is subject to regular review and appropriate modifications and the post holder may be required to undertake other relevant and appropriate duties as required
Requirements for the Office Assistant Job
- Be a Kenyan citizen of 18 years and above
- Must have good communication skills and can speak English and Swahili
- Basic computer skills and can operate simple office equipment
- Well organised
- Have good customer service skills
- Be able to work in a systematic and methodical manner.
- Be able to work well on own initiative.
- Be able to work flexibly, under pressure and adapt to change. (Flexibility to work additional hours as necessary to fulfill the requirements of the role and meet the organization needs.)
How to Apply
To apply, send your current CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com with the subject of the email as ‘Office Assistant’ by EOD Monday, 9 th July 2018**.
Each application should include three (3) referees.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Ps: Please note that Al- Khair Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge any fees at any point of the job applications.